He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

04 March 2010

About Me

I am a... 
Child of God.
Wife to Sweet Hubs, an insanely wonderful man.
Mom to CJ, Miss Mak, Baby Bean, one fur baby, and we currently have one in the oven.

I serve as the official decorator, photographer, sewer, quilter, crafter, memory keeper, childcare coordinator, chef, and maid in our home and would not, for a single minute, have it any other way.
 
Sweet Hubs and I were best friends from the first day we met which was in the winter of 2001 at Liberty University, and were married on December 3, 2005 in Springfield, MA. 
 Months after marriage we added two pooches into the mix...
{Meet Chesser and Mia}but are now down to one. Just Mia.
In August of 2008 we welcomed baby number one, CJ, into the world. 
 Very shortly after, in January of 2010, Miss Mak made us the well-rounded family of four.
Then I started blogging
...and another 7 months went by and...
got pregnant... again
{those two facts appear to be unrelated...so far}
Bean was born in May of 2011.
She is a well loved "baby-sisser" and a beautiful, peaceful, joyful addition to our small clan.
and now, as I said, one more is on the way, due to make his or her appearance in November.

Let's see... what else?...
- I am a doer. If, over a period of time, I don't create something, I get a little itchy and restless. 
- I'm a neat freak by nature {I blame my mother} but Bean ruined all hopes of the well-kept home.   
{Something about number three just threw me for a loop and I see no chance of recovery in the near future!}
- I love music! I used to have it on all the time. Once again, kids changed that for me and I can only handle so much noise but it's not uncommon for a few of my favorites to be playing while they play or while I cook.
- Sweet Hubs and I danced to "At Last" by Etta James at our wedding but if we had a song, which Hubs is against "having" a song, it would be "Sweetest Thing" by U2. 
- If I could handle being away from the coast, I think I could move to the midwest with wide open prarie land and miles and miles of nothing. The idea of wandering out into the yard with a basketful of clean laundry to hang on the line and dry in the breeze sounds wonderful to me! I'd have a large back porch overlooking acres of "nothingness" and drink sweet tea at the end of a warm day as the kids catch fireflies and marvel at the simplicity and complexities of God's creation.

My Favorites... {if I HAD to pick}
Places to Be {Local}: Home but if I have some time to spare I'd most like to wander aimlessly around the Brimfield Flea Market, tag sales, Home Goods, JoAnn's or Osgood's. 
Places to Be {Fah Fah Away}: Anywhere with Sweet Hubs and the kiddos. Paris {cause who doesn't want to be in Paris?!}. Carlisle, IL. Somerset, PA {at my in-laws house in the middle of no-where which is just about the only place I can truly relax}. The Beach!
Musicians: Andrew Peterson - the man is an AMAZING lyricist and writes songs AND books for all ages! David Gray, Alison Krauss, Iron and Wine, the Avett Brothers.
Songs: Toss up between "Holy is the Lord" and "Dancing Through the Minefields" both by Andrew Peterson though I do enjoy "Please Forgive Me" by David Gray, "Set Fire to the Rain" by Adele, and "Sous le Ciel de Paris" by Karrin Allyson. {I told you, I LOVE music!}
Books: "The Mission of Motherhood" by Sally Clarkson and "1000 Gifts" by Ann Voskamp.

Whew! If you made it through all that, that's dedication! 
Either way... Enjoy your visit! So glad you could stop in!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails