He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

17 May 2010

MoNSteR DoLl {AcTIoN FiGuRE}

{DaY 12}
I've seen this idea a lot of places and thought I'd give it a whirl. I've never made a doll {sorry, "action figure", as my Dear Hubby insists I call it} before and this was actually quite fun. You can draw something out or freehand it and there are no rules which I think made this a quick project. It's good to have felt, buttons, zippers, scraps fabrics, etc. on hand for this one.



*TiPs*
OnE: Draw monster out on freezer paper and iron to fabric to get the general shape for the body and limbs.
TwO: If your kids are old enough, have them draw out a SIMPLE creature onto freezer paper. Use a marker to clean up the lines if necessary and have at it!
ThReE: Don't make it too small. I made that mistake with a doll I tried to make for Miss Mak and the seams were a mess.
FoUR: Don't overthink it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails