He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

29 August 2010

Roma Food Strainer - A Tutorial

If you're like me and you grew up with a food mill like this...

Pix Credit
then I completely understand why you may not like the kitchen anymore! Okay, that's a lie. I love the kitchen and encourage anyone to spend lots of time there but this old school food mill is enough to make any kid dread helping mom out with making applesauce and soup or whatever else you make with these things.
Anyway... I've done all the above complaining in order to make the the Roma Food Strainer seem all the better. If you notice in the following pictures, I can even get Sweet Hubs to help in the kitchen with this doo-hickey. That's gold!
So here's how it works and why you should get one if you make soups, sauces, purees of any kind in large amounts.





I use this to make "Dutch" Soup. It's a breeze!  

{Disclaimer: The "old school mill" works just fine and probably isn't all that bad. I just like this one WAY more. You're an impressive gal no matter which you use.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails