He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

11 January 2011

America's Test Kitchen

Amongst all the wonderful gifts I received this Christmas, I was given the America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook by my mother-in-law. I had heard nothing but good things about this book and so I quickly sat down with pen and paper and noted all the recipes I wanted to try. I've had the book for about two weeks, I've made at least six of their recipes and haven't had a single bad thing yet.
Now in the spirit of true consumerism I will share recipes but only the ones I am able to find online {which I hope is every one of them}. Also, if I make variations of the recipes, I'll gladly share those because I want to remember my changes too.

So what's my point?
1. I got my hands on an excellent book that you should seriously consider buying if you like using simple fresh ingredients and want genuine usable tips for the kitchen that you can carry into all your cooking.
2. I wanted a place to document the recipes we've tried and how successful they were so we use them again {or don't} and I figured that if you were nervous to try a recipe, I'd share my successes and failures to hopefully help you out.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails