He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

03 March 2011

Ugh.

I'm not gonna lie... I'm exhausted.
 
I'm sure, by now you're tired of hearing me complain about being tired.
I don't mean to whine.
I'm just coming to a point of tiredness that is beyond anything I've experienced.
Yes, being 29 weeks pregnant with my third child whilst the older two are only 2 1/2 and 14 months, will make a person sleepy. But I don't just mean physically. I'm emotionally and mentally spent.
I actually planned to just skip my post today, to leave you hanging in suspense, and go curl up in the fetal position and weep for a while.
But then I realized something.
One... the cute picture of that adorable little sleepy-head had to be used somewhere!
Two... there are beautiful, wonderful, amazing seasons of life where God shows Himself new to me at every turn.
Then, there are times, like now, when it feels as if He has chosen to be silent. 

My first instinct, during times like this, is to act. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't usually sit still. It hasn't been until the past few years that I've seen the long line of movers and shakers I come from.
My Grandma Lemon is a mover.
She has an immaculate yard and a thoroughly dusted home at all times. My mom's that way too. She comes to my house for a cup of coffee and a conversation and ends up picking up the kid's toys or washing dishes. She just can't quit.

I'm starting to see, through recent ... let's call them "challenges"... that I may not be called to action at this time of no-clue-what-to-do-next-ness. This may very well be a call to sit still and watch Him work. I figure, if I go to the local park to be wowed by the fireworks display, what good would my journey be if all I did during the show was wash down the playground equipment, trim the roses, and pick leaves out of the grass around our blanket? Maybe all the tasks were necessary, but are they necessary at this very moment? And should they be done by someone else?

Okay, that may have been a terrible analogy.

My point is that though sometimes action is necessary, I can easily miss the point by getting caught up in the "busy-work" of it all. Maybe it's time for me to just sit still and let God be God without my "help".

1 comment:

  1. thanks Krystle. a wonderful word for me today. and i loved the analogy!

    ReplyDelete

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails