He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

14 November 2011

Salt Dough Ornaments

I've missed you.
I've been unable to post for a couple of weeks now because our internet, until this weekend, had not fully recovered from the storm. The cable wire was hanging so low that we constantly hit out heads on it.
{You can only imagine the heart attack I had when I walked right into the low wire before realizing it was a cable wire and not our power line. I thought I had just cheated death.}

Thankfully, everything seems to be back in working order.
Tree cleanup continues all over but I expect that will go on for a few more weeks.
This past weekend was spent with hubs and I in the yard, chainsaw in hand.

So anyway, while the power was out I finally sat down with the kids and did something I have been wanting to do for a few weeks now.
I saw this idea on Pinterest, of course, and decided that if I don't actually do any of the things I've pinned than what's the point?
HA! "Point"! get it?

Anyway...
I used the recipe for salt dough which can be found at east-child-crafts.com...
1 cup salt
1 cup flour
1/2 c lukewarm water (add more if needed)

Combine salt and flour in a large bowl. Mix well. Add water. Stir until it forms a ball. Dump out on counter and knead for up to 5 minutes. More kneading means smoother dough. That's it. It can be stored in an air tight container. We made ours a week ago and its still soft in the plastic bag we kept it in.

And then comes the fun...
 
 
 
 
 
After the ornaments were finished, a bit of silliness followed...
 
 

 
You can paint these once they've dried. We let them air dry but you can dry them in the oven at a low temp for several hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails