He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

13 April 2012

Sensory Bins for Spring

Ever heard of a sensory bin?
I first heard of them a few months ago but couldn't quite figure out the purpose...
The main purpose is for hands on learning. There's lots to see, touch, and even hear.
This post from Purpose Driven Home offers several more great reasons but, to be honest, my favorite thing about them is that they're a great way to keep the kids busy during tough times of the day (like when I'm cooking dinner) other than TV.  
For the bug bin I used a bin I already had with short sides so the kids can reach in. I bought a 10 lb bag of black beans for the local international food store and raided the Target dollar section for all the buggy goodness.
For Easter, I grabbed some things from the Dollar Tree and Target. The kids liked filling the eggs with the little bunnies and hiding them around the house.
One last perk... I love that I now have a great excuse to buy some of the cute stuff in the dollar section at Target that I always liked but had no purpose for. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails