He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

27 June 2012

In Case You Were Wondering...

I know, I'm taking forever to get to part three of my "Proud to be Mean" series but I have a bit of an interesting interjection to make today...
Check out the New Yorker's Elizabeth Kolbert's question
Just thought you might appreciate the thoughts on how American kids size up to jungle kids.

1 comment:

  1. I had to read it in parts, but very good article. I'm happy to say that while my boys are succesful in taking out the trash, the recycle, and vacuuming...we have a ways to go when it comes to the discipline of cleaning up their room. The part where they describe a room where there is "barely a pathway to the bed" very well describes there room 75% of the time. Most of the time I don't even go in their room, cause it stresse me out. We downsized on toys before we got here, and have done it twice since arriving. I'm ready to do it again! I know it is going to take some more specific training on my part to get them to that place of discipline, but I just told a friend the other day that it was going to become a focus these next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails