He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

27 July 2012

Favorite Last Minute Marinade

I first found this recipe on SkinnyTaste.com as a grilled chicken salad.
Well Hubs and I fell in love with the recipe for the chicken. I love it because it's so stinkin' easy. He loves it because I serve it to him.
I'll get right to the good part...

What You'll Need: 
2 T fresh squeezed lemon juice (bottled is acceptable but I ALWAYS prefer fresh)
1 t dried oregano
1 t crushed garlic (fresh is always best, again, but I've used dried in a pinch)
salt to taste
black pepper to taste

What To Do:
I usually slice3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves and throw them in a bowl with all of the above ingredients and let it for about 30 minutes.We then throw the chicken into a grill pan on the grill and cook it through then let it rest for 10 minutes under some foil.

I usually double or triple this recipe and keep the cooled chicken in the fridge for fast lunches. This stuff is wonderful on a sandwiches, wraps, salads, or as a main dish. I often give the kids the chicken as their meal and Hubs and I have a salad with sunflower seeds, sprouts, and dried cranberries. I often use my favorite poppy seed salad dressing but it works great with just a squeeze of lemon and some olive oil too. It's all good!

**Marinating Tip:
If you have a Food Saver and are REALLY crunched for time, throw all the ingredients (including the chicken) in a canister and seal. Depending on the depth of flavor you want you can leave it sealed for about 5 minutes and be good to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails