He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

05 July 2012

"The Only Spot Remover You'll Ever Need"

Originally from glamour.com, I found this recipe on One Good Thing by Jillee and it has turned me, an I'm-too-lazy-to-try-so--I'll-just-make-the-ruined-shirt-into-pajamas girl into a why-not-remove-the-stain-since-it's-so-easy girl instead.
 I'll get right to the goods...
1 part Dawn (the original blue kind)
2 parts regular ol' hydrogen peroxide
1 spray bottle
I tried making this by first putting the ingredients into my spray bottle and shaking. Not my smartest move.
The best way, I've found, is to use a liquid measuring cup with a spout, measure out the ingredients (for my bottle size that means 1 c peroxide, 1/2 c Dawn), stir with a fork, pour into container. Fini!
When it's time to apply, I recommend using a scrub brush to work it in... 

This was way too easy for me not to try and so far I've removed axle grease from Hub's dress shirt, oil stains from Miss Mak's pants, drool stains from Bean's collar, who-knows-what-he's-been-into stains from CJ's play clothes, and I even used it as the spray solution on my carpet when my brother walked through my house with grease laden boots.
I did try it out on a cloth napkin I have used for 6 years for my bread basket which has been drenched in butter and oil. After several washes the oil stains were definitely gone but the yellow coloring was still visible which makes me wonder more about what was in the butter I used to use than the cleaner's power.

Needless to say, I'm a believer!

**** UPDATE ****
Be sure to rinse out the measuring cup you use before putting it into the dishwasher otherwise you may be in for a little of this... 
Whoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails