He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

30 October 2013

No Eggs? No Problem!

Since we've been changing our eating habits I've begun to have some random ingredients around the house. I'll be honest, the bag of chia seeds I purchased sat in the cabinet untouched for several months before I found a purpose.
And then I ran out of eggs. 
Thanks to the good ol' interwebs I found out that that bag of odd black seeds would work as a handy substitute. 
You'll Need:
1 T chia seeds
3 T water

To Do:
Using a coffee or spice grinder (I supposed a morter and pestel would work as well), grind the seeds to a fine powder. 
In a small bowl, combine the seed powder and water and stir with a fork until well mixed.
Let sit for 10 or so minutes until thickened to a nice eggy consistency.
Use as a single egg replacement and duplicate as needed. 



See, maybe oddball ingredients aren't so bad to have on hand after all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails